booksfoodhostelsportsgymmedical wifistadiumstore lab post-officemoney guest-roomcommercial-buldingsparked-car divingbed
Chebrolu Hanumaiah Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences (CIPS)
  • Guntur, Andhra Pradesh
  • 1341
  • Estd: 2005
  • Type: Private
  • Affiliated From: Acharya Nagarjuna University, Guntur
  • Approved By: UGC, AICTE, PCI
  •    
  • Accredited By:
Overall Rating NAN/5 0 Reviews
Apply Now
Overview

Chebrolu Hanumaiah Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences (CHIPS) was established in the year 2005 on the name of its society, “Nagarjuna Education Society Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences” (NESIPS), as the 7th institute under the philanthropic organization of Nagarjuna Education Society (NES). After getting approval from AICTE to start B.Pharmacy course for an intake of 60 seats, NESIPS ceremoniously started its first batch class work on 27th November, 2005 at the premises of its parent (sister) organization, J.K.C. College, where the initial functioning of institute happened. On 7th December, 2005, the then Vice Chancellor of Acharya Nagarjuna University, Prof. Balamohan Das, inaugurated the newly built pharmacy block at J.K.C. College campus.

On 14th November, 2005, Sri. Rayapati Sambasiva Rao, Member of Parliament and beloved mentor of NES, laid foundation stone to the proposed permanent building for the pharmacy college at Chandramoulipuram, Chowdavaram, besides RVR&JC College of Engineering. A three storied building of approximately 50,000 square feet was made ready and “Gruhapravesam” was performed by the members of NES on 2nd October, 2006. With the commencement of class work for the II Batch students, NESIPS shifted to its permanent building on 26th of the same month. In the year 2007, NESIPS got approval from AICTE, Acharya Nagarjuna University and Government of A.P to change its name as Chebrolu Hanumaiah Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences (CHIPS) and also transferred all the institutional related activities to its permanent building. On 7th December, 2007 the new CHIPS building was inaugurated by Dr. K. Basavapunnaiah, President of Nagarjuna Education Society and Lord Dhanavantari statue was unveiled by Dr. B. Suresh, President, Pharmacy council of India. Since then, the institute is running successfully with the name and style as CHIPS by inducting several other courses in the field of pharmacy. During the year 2011, another floor with an effective area of 16500 square feet was constructed to meet the additional requirements for new courses that were approved to the institute.

CHIPS, thus inherited the legacy of NES and had grown as one of the best Pharmaceutical Institutions in India by providing exceptional infrastructural facilities and human resources, which are ahead than the requirements stipulated by various statutory bodies. Today, it offers several UG & PG Courses in the field of Pharmaceutical Sciences like B. Pharmacy, Pharm. D & M. Pharmacy with several specializations. Discipline, quality teaching and eminent administration are traditional strengths of NES and thus CHIPS acclaimed by securing excellent results and bagging several top ranks.

Courses & Fees
Course Info Duration Intake Total Fees Aprox
Pharmaceutical Sciences

Full Time

4 Years 100 2.4 Lakh
Course Info Duration Intake Total Fees Aprox
Pharmacy Practice

Full Time

3 Years 10 2.04 Lakh
Course Info Duration Intake Total Fees Aprox
Pharmacy Practice

Full Time

6 Years 30 4.08 Lakh
Course Info Duration Intake Total Fees Aprox
Pharmaceutics

Full Time

2 Years 15 2.2 Lakh
Pharmaceutical Analysis

Full Time

2 Years 15 2.2 Lakh
Admissions

B. Pharmacy: For admission into B.Pharmacy course, student must have passed class 12th with Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics/Biology (Both MPC & BiPC students are eligible). Counselling will be held by the Govt. of Andhra Pradesh for 70% of seats under Convener Quota based on the ranks obtained by the students in their APEAMCET. The remaining 30% seats will be filled under Management Quota.

Pharm. D: Science stream students (Both MPC & BiPC), who have passed 10+2 board examination from a recognized board OR Diploma in Pharmacy holders (from a PCI recognized institute), are eligible to pursue this course.

Pharm. D (P.B): Students who completed their B. Pharmacy from a PCI recognised institute can get admission in this course. 70% of the seats are under Convener quota filled through Counseling based on ranks obtained in GPAT and PGECET. Remaining 30% are management quota seats.

M. Pharmacy: The minimum eligibility for M.Pharm course is a degree in Bachelor in Pharmacy with a recommended minimum score of 50%. Convener quota seats (70%) will be filled through Counselling based on the ranks obtained by students in Graduate Pharmacy Aptitude Test (GPAT) or in AP PGECET. The remaining 30 % seats are management quota seats.

Ranking & Awards

  • CHIPS got approval under section 2(f) and 12(B) of UGC Act of 1956 by University Grants Commission, New Delhi.
  • CHIPS holds Permanent affiliation to Acharya Nagarjuna University for its B. Pharmacy and M. Pharmacy courses.
  • CHIPS was approved as the Headquarters for the State Branch for Indian Pharmaceutical Association.
  • The students of B. Pharmacy, M. Pharmacy and Pharma. D have passed with more than 80% of distinctions and remaining in first class.
  • Our students secured ranks such as 163, 901, 981 in Graduate Pharmacy Aptitude Test (GPAT)–2018 and 946, 1114, 1200, 1350, 1350, 1560, 1772 in GPAT-2019. Since 2010, 136 of our students secured ranks at National Level in GPAT.
  • Our students secured 40, 49 and 827 in National Institute of Pharmaceutical Education and Research (NIPER)-2018 at National Level
  • Our students secured 1, 2, 7, 98, 296, 475, 632, 819 ranks in Post-Graduate Enginering Common Entrance Test (PGECET)-2018 and  4, 15, 72, 89, 107 and many more in PGECET-2019 at Andhra Pradesh State level.

Research Activities

  • CHIPS is recognized as the Research Center for Acharya Nagarjuna University.
  • 09 approved Research guides are working as full time faculty in CHIPS. Several scholars are pursuing their Doctoral programme under their supervision.
  • About 23 candidates have successfully completed their Ph. D under the research guidance of CHIPS.
  • CHIPS is blessed with 25 well equipped laboratories with state-of-the-art Machine Lab, Central Instrumentation Lab facilities.
  • Library is providing digital lending facility which is well connected with internet and Delnet services.
  • CHIPS is very glad to provide outsourcing facilities to neighbouring Pharmacy institutions and Pharma Industries at a nominal pricing.
  • The faculty of CHIPS are very glad to publish more than 250 research publications by utilizing the available research facilities.
  • Majority of the faculty members have achieved their Ph. D degree by utilizing the facilities available at this institution and remaining are in pursuit of completing their research programme at this institution.

Facilities
AuditoriumView Details
Boys HostelView Details
CafeteriaView Details
ClassroomsView Details
Convenience StoreView Details
Girls HostelView Details
Guest RoomsView Details
LaboratoriesView Details
Medical/HospitalView Details
TransportView Details
Placements

  • Chebrolu Hanumaiah Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences is striving hard to provide placements to all its students for their better growth in the field of Pharmacy.
  • The training and placement cell is actively involved in helping the students regarding various key aspects like Career guidance, enhancing communication and presentation skills etc.
  • Since last five years, the institute is organizing several workshops and seminars in order to enhance the student’s knowledge on current developments in various aspects of pharmacy.
  • The training and placement committee is also organizing several industrial tours and training programs to provide adequate exposure to students about various facets of industrial work.

Chebrolu Hanumaiah Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences
HIGHEST SALARY
3.6 LAKHS
AVERAGE SALARY
2 LAKHS
Industry Average
HIGHEST SALARY
2.8 LAKHS
AVERAGE SALARY
1.6 LAKHS
Top Recruiters
News And Updates
Photos
Videos
Reviews
Contact Details